Pharmacology is the core of translational research leading to ways of alleviating disease. We study how mast cells are involved in allergy and inflammation. We showed that mast cells are activated by CRH and neurotensin secreted under stress to release inflammatory molecules selectively, including mitochondrial DNA ("innate pathogen") leading to disruption of the gut-blood-brain barriers and to inflammation. We have also shown that the flavonoid luteolin is inhibitory, and a patented liposomal formulation NeuroProtek®, benefits patients with allergies, autism and chronic fatigue syndrome.More
AUTISM - A Pharmacologist's View.
Learn more about T. C. Theoharides, MS, PhD, MD, FAAAAI
Recent News Media
•• Dr. Theoharides selected to be included in "Famous Greeks"
•• Article on Dr. Theoharides' work on "BrainFog" in the Greek paper VIMA TIS KYRISKIS-SUNDAY SCIENCE edition (July 17, 2016)
•• A wonderful plant supplement has been backed by scientific research as a mast cell stabiliser and antihistamine.
•• Hope For Autism - The National Herald
•• National Psoriasis Foundation - News Article
My mystery symptoms and mast cells (documentary)
TACA webinar that will take place Monday at 1 pm EST. Register for the webinar.
Wellapalooza 2015 in Chevy Chase, MD. Register and learn more.
- • Australia Autism Lecture (April 24, 2015; Melbourne, Australia)
- • Boston Conservatory of Music (May 5, 2015; Boston, MA)
- • Autism Education Summit (September 26, 2015; Dallas, TX)
- • National Autism Association (October 15, 2015; St. Pete, FL)
- • Autism Research Institute (December 5, 2015; Boston, MA, 2015)
- • Cyprus Pediatric Association (February 14, 2016; Nicosia, CY)
- • The Autism Research Foundation Think Tank (February 19, 2016; Boston, MA)
- • North Carolina Integrative Medical Society (February 27, 2016;Greenboro, NC)
- • Think About Curing Autism Massachusetts (March 12, 2016; Watertown MA)
- • 11th PanHellenic Conference on Allergy & Clinical Immunology (April 16, 2016; Athens, Greece)
- • Think About Curing Autism Webinar (April 25, 2016; 1 pm)
- • All Childrens Hospital (April 1, 2016; St. Pete, FL)
- • Think About Curing Autism Philadelphia (May 7, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • Autism One (May 27, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • Autism One Think Tank (May 28, 2016; Chicago, IL)
- • European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (June 7, 2017; Vienna, Austria)
- • Old North State Medical Society Annual meeting (June 25-28, 2016; Greenboro, NC)
- • FASEB Summer Research Conference in the long-running Neuroimmunology series entitled "Translational Neuroimmunology: From Mechanisms to Therapeutics" (July 24-29, 2016; Big Sky, MT)
- • 11th Annual USAAA World Autism and Asperger Conference (August 29, 2016; Louisville, KY)
- • National Autism Association (September 10, 2016; New Orleans, LA)
- • The Mastocytosis Society (September 15-17, 2016; Orlando, FL)
- • Autism Education Summit (October 1, 2016; Dallas, TX)
- • Think About Curing Autism National Conference (October 22, 2016; Costa Mesa, CA)
- • International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society Annual meeting (November 3, 2016; Philadelphia, PA)
- • 1st International Conference on Autism (November 22, 2016; Paphos, Cyprus)
T.C. Theoharides Ph.D., M.D.
All Rights Reserved